Thursday, April 12, 2012

Breastfeeding Thank You Cards

Breastfeeding is dear to my heart. I have had wonderful (not always easy) relationships with my babies through breastfeeding. The snuggles, sighs, squirting milk has been a remarkable part of my experience of motherhood. 


After knitting the boobie beanie, I started thinking about breastfeeding in public. I've been lucky and had some kind words said to me by strangers. It can really help boost your confidence if someone just smiles and nods when you're in public trying to feed your hungry, tired little (or big as the case often is) baby. 


What better way to say thank you, or good luck, or I remember when my kid did that then to hand someone a thank you card. A business card size with a pro-breastfeeding message. I don't really have anything to say to a stranger, just would like them to know that it makes me happy and sentimental. 


I took a look around and found these cards, and these, and ones from the State of Texas. I'm working on trying my new drawing pad for the computer and here is what I've come up with so far. 





My plan is to keep drawing, put them in pdf files and then people can print/cut them at home. Spread the thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment